Thread: ipod nano 3gen battery indicator problem

ipod nano 3gen battery indicator problem

Just few days back i got an iPod Nano as a gift. Now the problem is my battery indicator does not change, it always shows a full battery. But yesterday, my ipod just started doing this. However, when the main screen times out and goes dark the battery indicator on "this page" shows correctly. Can any one tell me that why i'm having ipod nano 3gen battery indicator problem? Has anyone faced such problem before? Please help me to get rid of the above issue.

Re: ipod nano 3gen battery indicator problem

The iPod battery indicator shows approximately how much charge is left in the battery. Solution for me, charge to 100%, let it be for 100% on the charger for a few hours. Then use it normally to when it goes down all the way, let it be in that state for an hour. Then charge it all the way to 100% without using, let it be for an hour in 100%, and then finally use it down to 0% again.

In some iPods, you may find that the battery indicator shows some charge left, but your iPod stops playing because the battery is, in fact, empty. What do your settings look like? Some of the biggest battery drainers are Locational Services, Data Roaming and Push. Switch them off an see how long the battery lasts. In other cases, the battery indicator may show less than a full charge even though you've fully charged it.

Sounds like either the battery is toast or you are not getting a solid connection because the connector may be dirty. I'm not sure if this still applies but if you are just going by the battery indicator I would let it run down till it quits to calibrate the battery meter. Try using a Q-Tip with some rubbing alcohol on the contacts both on the cable and on the connector in the iPod. If that helps great, if not you need to look at getting a new battery for your iPod. If it is shutting down after only 7-8 hours of audio play back I would take it back for a replacement.