Thread: Mobile phone fell in Water

Mobile phone fell in Water

Hi,
    Last night my cell phone accidentally fell in water. Due to absence of light I dropped the mobile phone accidentally in a bucket. I need some suggestions to deal with this matter. I am not aware what to do when such things happen. The phone is a not so old. I worry that if it is not completely damaged. According to you what would be the best option to do under such conditions. I am using a Nokia N75 mobile phone. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mobile phone fell in Water

Whenever a electronic item comes in contact with a liquid the first and the most important thing you have to do is to disconnect all the power sources in order to avoid damage. That means as soon as your removed your phone first remove the battery and keep it aside. Otherwise the electrical charge inside it can damage the sensitive part of a phone. Then keep it for dry in sun for some hours. After that when the liquid is dried up completely you can turn on the phone.

Yes it is very important that you must not try to turn on the phone or connect it to a charger. Just remove the battery. If you can then open up the phone. There is a special device called blower. This device emits hot air. Cell Phone repairer uses this tools to dry up the liquid inside a phone. You can use a hair dryer in your case. Remove the body of the phone and dry it up properly. I hope you have not turned it on.

It is obvious that sensitive devices like phone gets destroyed if they come in contact with water. But due to very less amount of hard ware in them they can be saved. The only way is dry out all the liquid out of it. Only after that turn it on. The second thing you can try is to use a thinner or alcohol type liquid to dry up the moisture. Rubbing the inner parts with and then clearing out the excessive would make that thing work again.