Thread: Transcend portable Hard disk

Transcend portable Hard disk

Hi. I have recently purchased a Transcend 250 Gb portable HDD. Well the problem is when I do connect my hard disk to my system it do gets detected but not able to work or it do not show any icon of the drive. Also if the icon is displayed it does not open up.What could be the problem? Please help and give me a solution for it. Thank you.

Re: Transcend portable Hard disk

Hello. The problem could be concerned with the Data cable of the portable hard disk. You need to replace the cord by some other cord and try to connect your system with the other data cable cord. The issue can be as your data cable might have got some problem might be because of cheap quality cable or something. Contact the dealer.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi. the problem can also be of connectivity. A lot of portable devices require USB 2.0 port for proper functioning as it is a high speed data transfer port. You can transfer the files at a greater and speed with good connectivity. The Hard disk which you are using is of greater capacity and has advanced features due to which it is not able to properly recognize on your system. Check out on USB 2.0. Good luck
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hello. Well there may be an other issue that your Hdd may not be formatted. It needs to be formatted in order to work or function to your system. You can get the utility kit or tool from the transcends official site or you might have got a utility disc. It is used for formatting the drive. It needs to be formatted. Good Luck.

I had the same problem. It is the hard drive that is defective, transcend has agreed to repair/replace it.