Thread: Acer Aspire Battery Dying

Acer Aspire Battery Dying

I have an Acer Aspire 1652 WLMi, after about a year the original battery has begun to have a rapid decay in performance in terms of duration. On an average it works only for approximately 20 minutes after being fully charged. Can anyone tell me if this is the problem with my other hardware parts or the battery? Why is my Acer Aspire Battery Dying? Please help...

Re: Acer Aspire Battery Dying

I think you must check this like out : Aspire 2920WTMi battery life. This should help. How often do you use a laptop? A battery can self-decay if kept charged and not used for a long time. Do post more detail about your laptop and its usage...

I read your question and I too have the same problems. One question, can we solve this problem or has anyone else solved this actually? I really do not know what to do! I hope to hear from you as soon as possible because I cannot spend time with the PC because I need to carry my laptop every day to create and deliver projects at my office. Thanks in advance...

I do not know how to help you but if control of the ACP BIOS is part of programmable logic for a PC, the analog section of recharging and detection of the voltage and other parameters by the smartchip battery should be independent from the rest of pc, do not see how the battery itself can cause problems of logic and crashes, at least until it switches from network to battery / charging and vice versa, in which case there may be instability due to charger power supply. If it is not the fault of the bios I conclude that the absorption of the battery to become unstable power of the whole notebook. Does your notebook encounter crashes? I mean uncertain restarting, etc? Do post back...

Unfortunately the only way to test your theory is to try a new battery and power cable, but for now I'm happy to use it wired connected to the power supply and keeping it without a battery inserted. LED from the beginning has had a strange behavior, I mean the LED that indicates charging. I can not remember in particular but I seem to have seen a few system crashes recently at times when battery is inserted in my laptop and is charging. This should have been alerted but I blithely ignored this thing Also in some case I have an immediate crash of the operating system with the battery inserted, i'm unable to work for a certain amount of after having this problem...

I do not know how, but the battery really affects the proper functioning of the computer. And now, after reading here in the forum, I have no certainty what the problem may be but there has to be some problem. I did research, I discovered that my battery defective. I will buy a new battery and update my BIOS, even that sometimes matters. Thanks anyways...