Thread: HTC Hero browser issue

HTC Hero browser issue

Recently i had bought a new HTC Hero phone. Now the problem is that i can not get the browser to work on my new hero.While all other web based applications such as peep, facebook, etc. work fine on it. I just can't navigate to webpages on my HTC Hero phone. Any one knows why i'm having such HTC Hero browser issue? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: HTC Hero browser issue

I have been having the same sorts of problems, although mine extend beyond troubles with the browser alone: My calendar, contacts and mail don't sync (the little icon spins furiously, then gives up). One of our main gripes with the phone is the layout of the hard buttons. I can be standing in front of an access point, with the wifi meter maxed out, and Gmail keeps telling me that I have no internet connection.

I have the same issue with my device at work and we just upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2 so that's been ruled out. I also have this problem on my G2 which I got today. Tried it with 2 Sim cards, get on line, can even sign on to GMail in browser, but now from the GMail button. Next up is to get it a dedicated ssl certificate and try that.

If you could send this issue to HTC Support this would be great. I can also confirm that the browser works again over wifi after restarting the phone. The application lives in two places on the phone, the first is a variable sized widget for your homescreen which allows basic functionality like reading recent tweets and updating your status.