Thread: Problem while using BACK key in Android's Application

Problem while using BACK key in Android's Application

I'm using an Android phone. Now the problem is that whenever i try to use 'BACK' key on my Android's Applications, The emulator close my application each time i press BACK key in emulator. It is happening in menu navigation. Why does i'm having difficulty while using 'BACK' key in Android's Application? Any idea on the above issue? Please help me to resolve the above issue.

Re: Problem while using BACK key in Android's Application

Firstly, long-pressing the home button merely lets you see recently run programs. The Android project is large enough that Eclipse's Java VM sometimes runs out of memory while compiling it. A long-press of the home button will therefore show you any recently used applications, whether they are or are NOT still running. The only way to determine exactly what is running is to use the process viewer.

If the menu is currently drawn/displaying on the screen and you press BACK button, the menu would be taken off the screen but your activity will still be displayed. When you are finished browsing use the menu key and start a new window. Now use the window manager to close your old window and you can now either use the back key or home key to return to the android desktop (it matters not because it'll stay running anyway). There could be a problem with the way your menu has been set up.

Generally, pressing the BACK button will take you one step back in the Activity call stack. Back does not really have to close a program, back can do whatever the developer wants it to do. Maybe most are using it for closing there app, but if I can i can make it do the same thing as home. So, if you pressed BACK when you were on the first screen of your application your activity will be stopped and sent in background.