Thread: Zune HD player not responding

Zune HD player not responding

I had bought a new Zune HD Player last month. It was working fine till now but form yesterday, i don't know what went wrong, it is not responding at all. Whenever i am pressing any button or touching its screen, its screen remains black and there no response at all. Do you guys have any idea about this issue ? Please help me to fix it out.

Re: Zune HD player not responding

First of all make sure that your screen is not locked and the battery is charged enough. Because in this kind of scenario, these are the main cause. Also press the On/Off button on the top of your Zune HD player to turn on the device. Then, move your finger across the screen to unlock it.If your Zune HD player does not turn on immediately, let it charge for 30 minutes. Then, disconnect and reconnect the Zune device to turn on the device. It can take as long as two hours for the Zune device to fully charge.

If your battery is charged and screen is unlocked, and still the problem exist than, the only reason is your HD player is crashed. As a last resort, you need to restore the Zune HD player software. You should be aware that when you follow these steps, the player’s software and all content that is stored on the player will be removed. This includes music, videos, pictures, podcasts, friends, apps, and audiobooks.

To restore your Zune HD player software, step by step process is mentioned in the following post: How can i restore Zune device

Try restarting the device. Press and hold the On/Off button on the top of your Zune HD player for about 10 seconds until the device restarts. If it is not working than try to restore your device and once done don't fail to update the Zune software. Update the Zune device to the latest version of the Zune software. To update your Zune device, follow these steps:

1. Click Settings, click software, click General, and then click Check for Updates
    2. Connect the Zune device to your computer by using the Zune sync cable. Use a USB port on the back of the computer. Do not use a USB hub.
    3. Open the Zune software while the Zune device is still connected to your computer. The Zune software searches the Internet for the latest version of the firmware. If a newer version of the Zune firmware is available than the version that you have installed, a notice to update your device appears. You can also manually check for new device updates by clicking Settings, by clicking device, and then by clicking Device Update.

If it is under warranty, i'll suggest you to take it to the service center or you can visit the Microsoft Web page at service.zune.net to register your player and to submit a request for service. Here you need to create and sign in with your Zune account and then click “Register a Zune”.

If your Zune HD doesn't respond to any combination of button pressing and is undetected by software you will have to send it to microsoft. If your warranty is expired though, they will not give you the option to repair it, you can only buy a new one. So if you're like me and want to save a hundred dollars you can perform a little sugery. If you take the back plate off, you will see the battery with three wires coming out the corner. You need to short out the battery. Get two safety pins or sewing needles and stick one into the red wire and one into the black wire and touch them together. Now I know that shorting the battery sounds like a bad idea, thats what I thought too, but it worked and now my zune is working as good as ever.