Thread: LG's solar powered Ebook reader

LG's solar powered Ebook reader

Hello,
    I am working for news agency. Most of the time i have text related work.I am fond of reading book.and it's very difficult to carry book.I have ebook reader but it have battery problem. i want ebook which have good battery life. I heard about the solar powered ebook reader. Is it available? Any suggestion??

Re: LG's solar powered Ebook reader

LG unveiled solar e-book.the reader has a stylish ultra-thin solar cell that assures a steady flow of solar energy. While most e-books are at risk of losing the juice mid-sentence in exchange for your next novel, ubiquitous source of energy that drive solar project is a winner in our first glance book.At e -readers offer a broad array of advantages over paper-bound books - it is lightweight, versatile, a great alternative to lugging around a tote full of books of dead trees on your device trip.The next features of a 10 inch wide panel thin film that is .7 mm thin - the width of a credit card. Energy efficiency is a major concern with portable players, and it seems that LG May have found a winning feature set to their e-book - 4-5 hours spent sitting in the sun will provide the equivalent of one day whole time reading.

LG has announced it has developed a solar panel for Sony e-book reader. The chip is less than 1 mm thick, 10cm wide and 10cm long and weighs 20 grams and will be on show at the International Meeting on Information Display (IMID) in Seoul.LG claim that 4 to 5 hours of exposure to sunlight is sufficient to run the e-book reader of 24 hours. The prototype is 9.6% effective and LG expect to increase this to 12% in the next 12 months, then 14% in 2012 when it is envisaged that it would be ready for commercialization.

LG Display has developed a solar panel to panel reader.The ebook is 10 centimeters in width and length and was combined with an electronic book reader from Sony to prove the concept, from a photo issued by the South Korea company.A functional prototype of the panel and ebook reader will be on show at the International Meeting on Information Display (IMID) that runs this week in Seoul.Ebook players already offer a long autonomy, because their electronic paper displays draw power only when the page is turned so the addition of a solar panel could serve regular readers have more to worry about charging the devices again.posure ray the sun for four or five hours to provide enough power to run the e-book reader for a day, said LG Display.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's