Thread: iPhone 3G shows No SIM card installed

iPhone 3G shows No SIM card installed

Recently i had purchased a new iphone 3g phone. Now the problem is that the phone all of the sudden display "NO SIM CARD" Message at the top where it should say AT&T 3 times already. Can any body tell me that why does my iPhone 3G shows no SIM card installed? Does any body knows about this issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: iPhone 3G shows No SIM card installed

Some of the problems you are facing i think can be solved by updating iPhone 3G to version 2.1. The iPhone 3G automatically switches between 3G and 2G networks for voice and data connections. In theory, the phone should hop off 3G when signal strength is too low or non-existent, and hop back on when the signal gets better.

Reseat your SIM card If your iPhone's SIM card is not seated properly, signal strength can suffer. Hard reset, home + sleep button until unit shuts out. I went to Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network SettingsTry re-seating the SIM by pushing a straightened paper clip into the small hole on the top of the device to open the SIM tray, making sure the SIM Card is properly in place, then re-inserting the SIM tray. However if that doesn't work you could try doing a "Reset All Settings". Or if you have another SIM around try switching them out and then back again. Also check for debris inside the tray or SIM card slot. Doing all that in that order actually got the error to go away and made my phone work again.

The first truly i-smartphone unlock sim for iPHone 3G which don't need to cut the sim now come into market. This magic cut-free i-smartphone-3G can compatible for all 3G iPHone all over the world. Replace your SIM card If you've exhausted conventional solutions, a replacement SIM card from your local provider may prove beneficial to signal strength. Please use the SIM correctly referring to our instruction. Because of the different networks in different countries and regions, there will be some problems in searching signals or reorganization when you insert or pull out the SIM in powering on.For that first tried to reset the Network settings.