Thread: Motorola Razr MAxx phone freezes up

Motorola Razr MAxx phone freezes up

I have a Motorola Razr Vxx phone. Every other function on the phone works fine, but when i try to type a text message it freezes, then if i actually write one to send it freezes when i hit "ok" to send. Even if i go go to the menu and try to access pictures, contacts tools anything the phone freezes up then I have to shut off and pull out the battery and then need to put back together in order to get it to work. Can any body tell me that why does my Motorola Razr MAxx phone freezes up? Anybody have any idea about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Motorola Razr MAxx phone freezes up

What is your software version? Are you sure it is not a v3r? Make sure your handset has atleast 10mb free. its all to common that most are not aware the handset needs free memory/cache to operate functions on the handset.

Also check if your handset is 3g supported, if this is the case take into mind that some handsets seem to have an issue with 3g. I had a upgrade for singular coming and I saw the v3xx with a 50 mail-in-rebate. If you use high speed internet or video calling then your option maybe to leave things as they are but for those who either want to test the handset or just switch off 3g reception to avoid freeze ups and signal problem change the network mode.

The phone is actually a singular Motorola Razor V3xx there is no options for GMS/3G to change it just freezes screen goes white then it comes back on, battery life bar doesn't show up most of the time or it will show it is still charging after you unplug it from the charger.The V3xx comes in either a "licorice" or "vibrant copper" metallic case, which when flipped open reveals an etched silver keypad backlit in blue almost identical to RAZR V3. I wiped the phone cleat master reset and master clear and cleaned all contact still the same problem, the sim card works fine in my Motorola V3re.