Thread: Blackberry Curve not recognized by Desktop Manager

Blackberry Curve not recognized by Desktop Manager

Hi,

I am running Windows vista and using a Curve 8310. I originally installed and was successfully using version 4.7 of Desktop Manager via a USB port. The USB port is working fine, the cable works fine (other computer connections work). I have searched this site and tried many of the suggested fixes. I don't understand why Blackberry Curve not recognized by Desktop Manager???

Re: Blackberry Curve not recognized by Desktop Manager

This problem occurs on your computer or on ports. Did you try on your computer or try javaloader handheld clean and update your smartphone? If all computers have the problem will be your hardware BlackBerry? or if you have a BlackBerry you can test different phone and if it can prove the success javaloader clean and update their version or go to 8310 website.

In Desktop Manager version 4.5 and earlier detection is automatic, but you have to make sure the correct connection type is selected: Select Options from the top menu bar. Choose Connection Settings from the dropdown menu. Make sure the type of connection is successful, more commonly USB

1. Select Options from the top menu bar.
    2. Choose Connection Settings from the dropdown menu.
    3. Make sure the type of connection is successful, more commonly USB.

Hope this helps!

I had the same problem on my device / desktop running Windows Vista. I learned that Blackberry Curve not recognize my device because of the administrator controls in Windows Vista. When originally installed the software, I told myself only allow the user only and I think this may of had something to do with it. I right click on the icon for the BB desktop and change the properties that all users and that solved my problem. Instantly recognized the PIN. Hope this helps someone in the future.