Thread: Gmail IMAP gets disappear

Gmail IMAP gets disappear

Hi friends,

I am having iphone with me and i am running 3GS on it. Everything was working fine till yesterday, but today when i try to check out my mail i found out that Google IMAP gets disappear after some time. I came to know about this problem when i try to check out my mails at that time my mail application was open and saw some mails coming in but after few seconds it has gone. Anyone know what would be the exact issue ?

I am also facing similar type of issue when i called up helpdesk and told them about the issue, they told me, i have to reset to factory setting mode and reconfigure all again, but after doing all this thing still i am not able to. When i asked my frind about the issue he is also facing same issue it seems that there is some problem from gmail push through exchange.

Thanks for replying me i have try to reset my iphone but now i don't know what are the setting for Gmail IMAP with iPhone, can anyone help me out with this issue and i had a check it out with my friends he his Gamil IMAP is working fine and when i asked him about imap setting he also don't have any idea. Can anyone help me out with this issue ?

Settign for Gmail IMAP

IF you want to setup an Gmail IMAP on your iPhone then make sure you have kept following setting on your iPhone as :-

Incoming Server: imap.gmail.com
    Outgoing Server: smtp.gmail.com
    Authentication: email@gmail.com + your email password
    ‘Use secure Socket Layer (SSL)’
    Ports: 587 Outgoing, 993 Incoming.

Once you have done with it, now it's time properly configure your mobile Mail client so that Sent Mail, Deleted Mail, Drafts, and Junk for that you need to first open settings then goto mail option over there you will find Advance option under Gmail IMAP account, click on it and then select drafts Mailbox now click on On the Server then gmail drafts. Once you have done with it come back to advanced view. Now select Sent Mailbox then click on Server and select Sent Mail and come back to Advance tab you have to follow same steps for Delete mailbox too and finally reboot your iphone for changes to get reflected.