Thread: Error message : itunes.exe is Corrupt File

Error message : itunes.exe is Corrupt File

Hi,

I am having some problem with an iPod and am receiving this message on the PC -iTunes.exe is a Corrupt File. If Windows has difficulty reading information out of the iPod shuffle or iPod, you can display a message from the system tray, indicating that there is a corrupted file and to please run the Chkdsk utility. I ran the CHKDSK on my C drive on my iTunes is the program. who said everything was fine, so what I do ...

Re: Error message : itunes.exe is Corrupt File

Format the iPod as you format your hard disk but not a complete a quick format. Delete the Temp folder, then reconnect the hardware, the folder must be recreated, then use the software update utility to restore the ipod. afterwards uninstall iTunes and reinstall a clean through .exe from the site of Apple.

You’re likely to see this error message when Windows is having problems reading information from your iPod. If Itunes is the only corrupt file/folder, uninstall it and reinstall it. Use the latest version of iTunes to restore iPod because this will address the issue of file system and also defragment the iPod drive. Chkdsk cannot defragment the drive. The restore process cannot be undone. Always make a backup of your important data because all of your songs and files will be deleted.

Instead of running the Chkdsk utility, Apple recommends using the latest update of iPod download to restore iPod to its original state. This will also solve the problems of fragmentation that are suffering for defragmenting the iPod drive. (Note: Be sure to back up all songs and data on your iPod, as running the iPod Updater will permanently remove all the songs and files from your iPod.) Run the Chkdsk utility is likely to correct the system errors file on the drive associated with your iPod, but it will not defragment the iPod.