Thread: iTouch Charging Problems

iTouch Charging Problems

Hello,

One of my friend's itouch charges fine with wall charger, when charging 12v with car or usb battery symbol blinks swiftly with lightning bolt but it is not charging anymore.I thought it problem with the cable and changed it thrice time, and a few usb ports, sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't.In short it charges whenever it feel like charging.Am looking for an solution here before disturbing apple store

thanks

Re: iTouch Charging Problems

There have been Issues with hardware compatibility with certain accessories - Those accessories are actually made for the older ipods which are made for year back old hardware and software, there is not much you can do about this except write a feedback form to apple and wait what they can say/do about it!

Yeah, I know computers cease powering the USB ports when the computer is in standby mode...but it wasn't, I was using it the whole time.From my experince, the iPod Touch is a bit more sensitive to the power specifications than ancient iPods. Chargers that would work with old iPods, just don't meet the proper requirements - or at least aren't close enough to the needs to charge precisely. Had the same issue with an inexpensive charger that I bought. Just buy from somewhere you can get a refund if it doesn't work.

You should use Apple Chargers even if it's a little more costlier than the generic ones, at least you're confident it will work in good way. Or at least use a charger compatible with current generation iPods or Just recently available in the market. Apple chargers has an output of 5V, use that for reference on buying a generic one.Else it is because the data lines are intact but +5v line is broken. Also probe at the dock connector I recently noticed the connection pad had peeled off the board and bent back inside the connector. That was on a 5G iPod but same issue wouldn't charge.