Thread: What is JAILBROKEN Mean?

What is JAILBROKEN Mean?

Hiya Folks,

I hear the term "Jailbroken" or "Jailbreak" used for the iTouch and am wondering what it means?I am seriously considering going this route. What are your experiences with a jailbroken touch/phone? It makes sense

thanks for any reply

Re: What is JAILBROKEN Mean?

Actually the term Jailbreak means the phone has some code put on it through the USB connection that lets you to install third party applications outside of the apple store. You can also SSH into the phone and have access to the complete file system. This has no connection with your SIM or carrier. Jailbreaking is against the rules, but it will NOT brick your phone if all that is done is a jailbreak.With the original iPhone there was a software unlock is available and it does this by flashing the BaseBand. This is able to brick your phone, especially if it is attempted on a 3G. There is no application unlock for the 3G iphone.

Jailbreaking is a hack that gives access to areas of the iPhone or iPod Touch that customers aren’t supposed to deal with.Normally, this is an sudden prelude to either installing nice applications, unlocking the handset for use with another cellular network, or both.When ever you jailbreak you will obtain get a program called installer/Cydia and with the help of that you can download tons of nice apps/Theme/Tv Shows/Ringtones....You can also get an app that will let u get Free apps instead of loosing bucks for payment on the store

I looked out and flunked turned my touch into a brick I tried to restore it but it would tend to hang every time, if you do it right you should have no problems but man if you do it wrong you better have a warranty.Not much really, i can't find anything they can.I'm just a big stickler to warranties.They're going to launch an update later in the year that will ensure the same functionality as breaking it. If I had a touch, I'd just wait for that.