Thread: black screen after sleep mode on HP Pavilion DV2418nr

black screen after sleep mode on HP Pavilion DV2418nr

I recently bought a second hand HP Pavilion DV2418nr laptop and by mistakenly I put it on sleep mode and now it will just stay on black screen and nothing happens. I have tried to press the keyboard hoping that something would pop up but still nothing. I also restarted my computer serveral times but am not able to see the boot screen am afraid. So, can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue. Thank you
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR

Re: black screen after sleep mode on HP Pavilion DV2418nr

If you own an HP Pavilion dv2000, HP Pavilion dv6000, HP Pavilion dv9000 or Compaq Presario V3000, Compaq Presario V6000 series computer, are experiencing no symptoms on your computer, and would like to obtain more information about updating your system to the new BIOS release, please go to the "Update the BIOS to the latest version" section on this page. If you are experiencing one or more symptoms listed below, and your computer meets the product criteria listed below, contact HP to determine whether you are eligible for a free repair.

More information here.

If the problem still persists then you can try contacting HP and telling them about the motherboard issue or the problem that you are facing. A few members managed to persuade them into replacing it even if its not under the enhanced warranty list
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Try updating your drivers if you have already solved the problem of black screen immediately. You can download the required driver from here or you can also try HP Quick Launch.