Thread: Jvc everio Camcorder files on computer

Jvc everio Camcorder files on computer

Hi,

I have recorded several movies on my Jvc everio Camcorder, I tranfer it to my pc but it wont play the video at all, JVC Everio uses MTS files, which can not be played on my computer, I wan to convert it to AVi, wmv or Mpeg so that i can play it on my pc. Is there any free converter which can convert MTS file to any other video format.

Thank you

Re: Jvc everio Camcorder files on computer

MTS is High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called "AVCHD", used by Sony, Panasonic, and other HD camcorders and based on the MPEG-2 transport stream. MTS file supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats.
    And AVCHD stands for "Advanced Video Codec High Definition". You need to download MTS video converter to convert MTS to AVI,WMV, MPEG etc

If you want to convert MTS/Mod/Tod files to AVI/3GP/WMV/FLV/MP4/MPG video formats on Windows, you need the third-party software to help you finish your work: Tipard MTS Converter. Tipard WMV Video Converter is classified as a universal converter due to the large number of formats and manages many of these formats are unique to mobile. "Tipard WMV Video Converter has a main function to convert any audio and video to WMV format .

The other method is to rename the Mts file to mpeg using software renaming, handy when you have many files to convert videos. File Renamer is a bulk renaming tool to rename your thousands of files in few clicks with 40+ possible renaming rules. Easy to use but powerful user interface with built in preview to see after-effects of renamed files.

jimmy8765 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novino View Post
    Hi,

I have recorded several movies on my Jvc everio Camcorder, I tranfer it to my pc but it wont play the video at all, JVC Everio uses MTS files, which can not be played on my computer, I wan to convert it to AVi, wmv or Mpeg so that i can play it on my pc. Is there any free converter which can convert MTS file to any other video format.

Thank you
    I recommend PavTube HD Video Converter.

Downloaded a demo version and try it. One thing I liked about the demo version is that it converted the whole video, not just the first 2 minutes. It allowed me to get a good idea of the file size to quality ratio.