Thread: Setting up GPRS connection manually on Windows Mobile

Setting up GPRS connection manually on Windows Mobile

Hi,, I am having a Windows Mobile at home that is used by my cousin. From alst couple of days, it was not working properly for some unknown reason so finally i performed a hard reset on the device. As you all know every gets erased after the reset, my GPRS settings also went away. Now i am trying to call my cellular company but due to some problem won't able to talk them. So i wanted to setup the GPRS connection manually on my Windows Mobile. Could you guys please guide me for the same ?

Re: Setting up GPRS connection manually on Windows Mobile

With the help of GPRS, you can transmit and receive voice and data through the network of a mobile operator. Here is how to set it up manually:-

• Tap Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections.

• Under My ISP or My Work Network, tap Add a new modem connection.

• In the Enter a name for the connection field, enter a name for the connection.

• In the Select a modem field, select Cellular Line (GPRS), and then tap Next.

• Enter the phone number or access point name provided by your wireless service provider, and then tap Next.

• Enter your user name and password, and then tap Finish.

You can also use the Microsoft Connection Manager to establish a network connection and release a connection from a managed application. Connection Manager is very powerful and provides a number of different connection-related capabilities. It is responsible for managing all of the network connections on a device.To start a connection with Microsoft Connection Manager ,double-click the icon for your service located on the Windows desktop. The Connection Manager logon dialog box should appear. Enter your username and password. Click the Properties button.

If available, click the Phone Book button and select a phone number from the list. If the Phone Book button is not available,then type a phone number directly into the Phone Number box. Click OK. Then, in the logon dialog box, click the Connect button.

Microsoft connection Manager is really a useful application for the Windows Mobile user.When an application needs to establish a network connection, the application simply tells the Connection Manager what kind of connection is required, such as the Internet, and the Connection Manager identifies which connections are available, selects the most optimal connection, and then establishes that connection as necessary

Anyways, if you have to edit a cellular (GPRS) connection for any reason, you must contact your service provider to obtain the necessary network settings.
    1. Tap Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections.
    2. Under My ISP or My Work Network, tap Manage existing connections.
    3. In the Enter a name for the connection field, enter a name for the connection.
    4. Scroll to the GPRS connection that you want to edit, and then tap Edit.
    5. Make the changes that you want, and then tap Finish.