Thread: How to restore Thinkpad t43 factory defaults

How to restore Thinkpad t43 factory defaults

I have thinkpad t43 which has been purchased long back I have made some wrong settings to my laptop setting and unable to recollect the changes made so i thing restoring factory defaults will solve this issue. so please let me know where should I restore the factory settings.

thanks

Re: How to restore Thinkpad t43 factory defaults

The ThinkPad T43 drivers are supplied in a special windows friendly format. You may boot from the "live" CD and ran the installer. I then rebooted the notebook and found that it detected my wireless interface just fine.This means that your Lenovo ThinkPad T43 XP Laptop will automatically find and install all the drivers for your system, with hardly any user interaction.

you would need to independently download and install each driver and often enough it will be the wrong one! apt-get install vbetool - we'll need this to save the state of video card memory to the disk and restore it after standby in order to prevent graphic failures. If you already have other drivers installed it can get very over complicated with device drivers not loading showing errors (like code 10 device cannot start) To make matters worse you end up with allot of older and newer revisions of driver too.

apt-get install vbetool - we'll need this to save the state of video card memory to the disk and restore it after standby in order to prevent graphic failures. Default factory settings would be the option available with your local computer. Do not use it with versions after and including 8.19.10, as it breaks the resume process!