Thread: Does toshiba l45 laptop support hibernate or sleep modes

Does toshiba l45 laptop support hibernate or sleep modes

I have purchased toshiba l45 laptop 1 month before, but the problem is that l45 laptops sleeps very long time. Does toshiba l45 laptop support hibernate or sleep modes I cant make differentiation between hibernate and sleep mode on my laptop but i can say that it goes on long sleep, and when I click on keyboard it also takes enough time to display the screen, how do i eliminate this problem.

Re: Does toshiba l45 laptop support hibernate or sleep modes

However, please understand that Windows Vista is designed to support AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface), including S3 sleep mode ..I just keep putting my laptop in hibernate until it takes a while to come out of hibernate. Which is about 4 days. I agree that a few modules of computers don’t support S3 mode well. I ended up reformatting and it fixed the problem, but that was a couple months ago and now its starting to do it again.

Sleep mode just lowers the power usage, it does not turn the computer off. I put it in standby mode and click the power to wake it up, and the wifi and bluetooth leds light up but screen is blank. The hard disk is still moving and data is stored in RAM. You could have issues with damage or data loss, not to mention overheating. I found that my laptop was over heating and going into sleep mode. I purchased a heat dispersion pad and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Toshiba website has a Bios fix for this exact fault, the description is the same. The link below will take you to the Toshiba website and choose you model and download. my bios was corrupted and had to be re-updated again, before i could get my sleep-hibernate to work again. But then, mine wasn't a Toshiba, but a HP. i have USB gps connected. now when it comes out of standby it always showed screen. then go black, then a bit later it would come back. Thats in the good situation.