Thread: Compaq laptop has no power

Compaq laptop has no power

Hi,

Okay I have a Compaq Presario Laptop x1015 running Windows xp . I am facing start up issue, But now it wont boot any more ,So i tried to remove battery. I took out my Hp adapter and I place that same hp adapter to another laptop and it works fine. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the laptop.

Please help me.

Re: Compaq laptop has no power

I suggest you to Change the battery and then Start Windows Normally Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice. Seconds until Windows starts. Most Compaq laptop batteries are "Smart" batteries. This means that inside the battery pack there is a small circuit board. Which holds some ROM, with hard coded data about the battery, and the facility to communicate to the charging circuit (via a serial connection called the SMBUS).I think these laptops really are designed to crash and burn at specific time intervals.

Buy a Hi-Capacity Brand Battery for your Compaq Presario X1015.The Hi-Capacity Battery meets or exceeds original manufacturer specifications for Compaq Presario X1015 Batteries.
    • Presario X1015 Batteries are designed with the finest components available.
    • We guarantee that this part will meet or exceed original manufacturer specifications for Compaq Presario X1015 Batteries.
    • High performance, lightweight replacement for your Presario X1015 Battery.

It will cost you $89.96.

To know whether its a battery issue , Take out your battery and place it on other laptop and then charge, When the battery is charging but nearing 100%, the green light flashes slowly instead of being steady. when you got the green light, stop charging your battery, take it out and fix it with your laptop. When you re-insert the battery or switch on battery powered mode, It only reset the fault and soon the charging circuit detect a faulty battery.