Thread: dell inspiron battery not charging

dell inspiron battery not charging

I am having trouble in my 8 months old dell inspiron 1525 battery it is not getting charge , it is not getting charge when i try to charge it , there are no response to it i leave it for half day and try again but no help the laptop was not charging . Have any one else gone with this process , to to solve this .I am under warranty

Thanks for the help

Re: dell inspiron battery not charging

Check the Battery and Connections:
    1. Remove the battery from the system
    2. Look at the connectors in the bay and on the battery for signs of physical damage.
    3. Check the battery charge by pressing the status button or image on the battery near the LED's.

The lights indicate the current amount of charge on the battery. If all the LED's come on when you press the button, the battery is fully charged. If fewer lights are lit, then the battery is partially charged. If any lights flash, or blink, there could be a problem with the battery.
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

There could be some problem with the AC Adapter, do this following to get pass the ac adapter problem .

First shut down your computer and unplug adapter from your laptop and then from the socket. wait for few seconds. and directly plug the adapter into the wall socket . there will be a green light that tells that the adapter is steady .
    You can also isolate the power problem to a bad adapter by swapping it out with a second adapter - such as one for use with the port replicator.

check the computer for bad connections.

Laptop batteries have a rated life of 500 charges or 18 months . and i think you have gone pass that or there might be some connection problem or some heating issue , contact dell support to help you more on this issue . The best solution would be replace your battery
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"