Thread: Sony vaio black screen

Sony vaio black screen

I am facing some issues with my Sony Vaio laptop everything was workign fine few days but today when i try to Turn ON my laptop i got a black screen, then i got some light on my LCD screen and then some icons which where in dim, the brightness is turned to max. I connect an external monitor and it works. Can anyone tell me what would be the exact issue ?

Sony vaio black screen

In that case i would suggest you check out that the brightness is adjusted up now try to turn off the laptop by disconnect the power cord, then remove the battery from it and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Then try to connect the battery back in and plug the cord back in and see if it shows the lights.

Sony vaio black screen

I had try to do that to but still facing same issue, i don't know what has happen wrong does my LCD screen has gone bad or there it has being damage because of which i am black screen or is there any other reason because of which i am facing such issue.

Sony vaio black screen

This is the most common issue which many people have it in that case i would recommend you to connect another monitor to your laptop. If it shows an image when you turn on your laptop, then it's your screen and at the same time such kind of this also occurs when the back light fails to illuminate. The backlight is a very small fluorescent tube. Failure is caused by either the tube failing, an electronic unit called an inverter failing, or more rarely a lid close switch sticking or faulty cable, or faulty motherboard. In such cases the repair should only bet undertaken by experts as diagnosis is difficult without the correct equipment