Thread: How to Disable mouse button on laptop

How to Disable mouse button on laptop

I am having Gateway laptop with me and i am running Windows XP SP 2 on it, most of the time i am using my USB mouse keeping my away from touch pad, but if anyone uses touch pad then he can also operate, when i told my friend about the same he told me why don't i temporarily disable the touch pad on my laptop but he don't have any idea how to do it. Does anyone know how to do it.

Disable mouse button on laptop

In that if you really want to disable mouse button on laptop then i would suggest you to go msconfig by clicking on Start and then type msconfig in Run option and press enter over here in Service tab you will get Hide all Microsoft have a check mark on it and at the same time also off the remaining items look for items related to touch pad. Then experiment with disabling it or them (one at a time) until you get the one you want.

How to Disable mouse button on laptop

Thanks for replying me but is there any other way where i can get proper solution because i have already try to do that and i am not able to disable it, now i have finally given it up because i think there has to be some way or either and at the same time i am not able to contact Gateway laptop service support to.

Disable Touchpad On Laptop

If you really want to disable touch pad button on laptop then you need to goto Start menu and then click on Control Panel over there you will see Category View click over it and then click on Printers and Other Hardware. Now in the Printers and Other Hardware window, click on Mouse icon, then in the mouse Properties dialog box, click the Device Settings tab, and then click Settings. To modify a touch pad setting, click the + in front of the setting you want to change, and then modify the setting. Finally save the changes by clicking on OK button.