Thread: Clean heatsink of Toshiba satellite p105

Clean heatsink of Toshiba satellite p105

My sister is having Toshiba satellite p105 from few days she is facing an issue like when she try to turn ON her laptop it's works fine but after sometime it's get freeze or it get hang up in that case she needs to restart her laptop and she has come to me for help according to me cleaning the heat sink of her laptop would solve her problem but i don't have any idea about it. Can anyone direct me for the same.

Clean heatsink of Toshiba laptop

To clean your heat sink of Toshiba satellite p105 you need to follow the below steps:-

1. First you need to turn the laptop upside down then unlock and remove the battery.

2. Then remove three screws securing the CPU fan/heatsink cover.

3. Now disconnect two fan cables on the system board and remove three screws securing the fan to the laptop, now lift the fan from the laptop.

4. Then loosen four screws securing the heat sink. But be careful when you remove the heat sink move if back and forth to disconnect it from the greased CPU.

5. Now carefully remove the heat sink up from the CPU.

6. This heat sink is completely cooled with lint. If your laptop shuts down by itself without any reason, check the heat sink first. Overheating is a very common problem among Toshiba laptops.

7. Finally Clean the heat sink and the fan with compressed air and install it back into the laptop.

If you don't have any technical experience then i would suggest you not do open it that garbage because i had try to do it once and at the end i need to take it to service center for replying, but if you know how to use it then don't use hairdryer on the processor because it will damage it.

I don't thing so that using a hairdryer on the processor will damage it. According to me it won't because silicon doesn't melt until about 1200c. When it's powered the heat generated changes how electricity flows though which can damage stuff, but you could probably put a processor in an oven when it's off and not do damage.