Thread: Laptop fan turning loud

Laptop fan turning loud

My sister is having Dell laptop and i had bought it 2 years ago but from few days whenever i am trying to turn t on i am getting a very loud sound from it's fan before would run really silent but from the day when i try to start play NFS on my laptop from that day the fan just started getting louder and louder. Can anyone tell me what could the problem be?

Laptop fan turning loud

In most of the cases if you are having loud sound from your fan then it's due to cooling issue normally it's get hot and it has to be cooled unless you are constantly running any heavy software or intensive gaming then the fan should only come on when needed. At the same time i would suggest you to press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up Task Manager and find out which processes are running - sort list by memory usage more than a 10,000k if possible delete those process.

Laptop fan turning loud

I had a check for the same there is no process which is running above 10,000k and even if the system is idea at that time also i am hearing a loud fan noise from my laptop does anyone what should i do in this case ?

Laptop fan turning loud

According to me it seems that your fan has gone bad and you need to replace it if your laptop is in warranty period then i would suggest you to take it to Dell service center and tell them about the issue and they would probably replace the fan and if it's not in warranty period then get it replace by hardware engineer.