Thread: Keyboard Error 0211 on StartUp

Keyboard Error 0211 on StartUp

I am having Acer laptop with and everything was working fine till yesterday but today when i try to start my laptop i got 0211: Keyboard Error but when i am trying to use the keyboard in CMOS , over there it's working fine but it's not working with Windows XP. Can anyone tell me what would be the actually issue any ideas would be very helpful to me.

I was also getting such kind of message during start up i try to reset the bios back to default settings by either taking out the bios battery for a few minutes or using the header on your motherboard but if it still doesn't work then try to connect it by using a USB keyboard and if it's workign properly then it seems that there is some issues with your laptop keyboard.

i have try to reset it to factory settings to but still facing same issue can anyone tell me what's the alternative way to overcome from this issue because i need t fix this issue very soon since i have to take it for business tour.

It seems that there would be some issue with keyboard cable is plugged in, and at the same time i would suggest you to disassemble your laptop and check if the cable is unplugged because of which you are getting Error 0211 message and or else it might also happen that there would be some issue with your motherboard because of which you are facing this issue.

Re: Keyboard Error 0211 on StartUp

I had this problem on a Gatway NV52 running Vista Home Premium (64) and this is how it was resolved, with the help of their tech support:

1. Turn off computer and unplug power cord.

2. Disconnect all external devices

3. remove battery

4. press power button and hold for 10-15 seconds

5. plug power cord back into computer and press power button.

6. Check LED's and listen for power supply fan.

7. If LED's are on or power supply fan starts spinning, watch for boot screen

8. If computer begins to turn on, turn it off.

9. Reconnect battery and external devices.

10. Press power button and make sure computer starts.

Right on the money. Worked for me. The shutdown seems to trigger a self-verification and rebuild of sorts. Got rid of the keyboard error. I hope it doesn't come back as that may mean the laptop (Gateway NV series) may be a lemon. Thanks again.

Happy Re: Keyboard Error 0211 on StartUp

Just wanted to say thank you! The above steps worked for my Acer Aspire 5536

Thank for this trick. It helped me get past the keyboard error...however, after turning my computer off (using start -> shut down) it will not turn back on (or better it will not show anything on the display).

I get the blue power light staying solid, the red/blue charging light, and hear the system fan. When I unplug and re-plug in the power adapter, I get the beep notification. no other sounds or lights. The display remains blank, no boot information, no options for bio.

I have re-seated the ram and tried one ram stick at a time. The cables to the display seem fine and secure. I have been searching the net and tried changing the monitor position, an external monitor is not working either.

I do not get a light on the top left cord for the hard drive either...

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprodigy View Post
    Thank for this trick. It helped me get past the keyboard error...however, after turning my computer off (using start -> shut down) it will not turn back on (or better it will not show anything on the display).

I get the blue power light staying solid, the red/blue charging light, and hear the system fan. When I unplug and re-plug in the power adapter, I get the beep notification. no other sounds or lights. The display remains blank, no boot information, no options for bio.

I have re-seated the ram and tried one ram stick at a time. The cables to the display seem fine and secure. I have been searching the net and tried changing the monitor position, an external monitor is not working either.

I do not get a light on the top left cord for the hard drive either...
    Normally, a beeping sound refers to either a video card issue or a ram issue. Have you tried reseating the ram or video card (if you have any) firmly, change the position of the ram to some other slot and see if that helps. What is the computer specifications that you are having? You can get some information regarding the beep issue from some of these threads - How to recognize beep errors
    Bios Beep codes
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

AH found the thread ,

Just wanted to say thank you as this worked on my acer aspire 5536

DE FRANK G4YLJ

@jtipton. Great answer. Worked on my Acer 5536
    Thank you