Thread: Blinking yellow light on Dell

Blinking yellow light on Dell

Hello

Friends i have Dell Dimension 9150 with me and it was working amazingly with out any minor issues. It is now blinking yellow light after a power outage.My PC will not turn on. somebody mentioned about it is all about a power supply problem.to confirm this got a new power supply from 911 PC but to no avail.I can find a green light lit up on the motherboard. now am clueless guys please people any one have came through this situation please let me know the cure..

thanks for any help as always !!!

Re: Blinking yellow light on Dell

A yellow light denotes the power supply is working fine but the computer is not processing data which virtually means issue with the CPu or another component on the motherboard. A blinking yellow light is the symptoms of the power supply is getting power but not working properly. It tells the power supply itself is fatal and should be probed or replaced.Sometimes, however, a service call to Dell will be required. If your system is still under warranty, you should always just call them first, as tampering with your computer may void your warranty.

Can you restart you pc with everything disconnected from the USB ports. That includes mouse and keyboard if you use USB mouse and keyboard. Try that with all power removed from the system and then see if it starts. The problem can also be caused by a failing power supply.

The first thing tell is that re-seat the RAM. Open the case like you did when you took out the sound card. Look for the RAM stick. Remove them and properly and with care reinsert them into the slots on the motherboard. I would do this several times.Do you have any documentation on the power supply? Is there a point that I can check for voltages even with a blinking power light?