Thread: Mini SDHC card for blackberry

Mini SDHC card for blackberry

Hi,

I am planning to extend memory on my blackberry 8330. I have seen the specification of my blackberry states that it supports mini sd cards.However, I am considering a micro sdhc card. Any problems in the 8330 with the high capacity memory card? Or should I stay with the basic sd card?

Thank you

Re: Mini SDHC card for blackberry

You can use micro SDHC card on your blackberry. But officially following are the details on memory support - Max. Media Support depends on the version of device software you're using.
    BlackBerry Device Software with Media Card Size Limit
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2GB
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4GB
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4GB
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8GB

You can take Kingston 4GB, microSDHC cards. microSDHC cards offer higher storage along with the versatily of transforming the card into a miniSDHC or full-size SDHC card. Kingston’s microSDHC cards use the new speed “class” rating of Class 4 that guarantee a minimum data transfer rate of 4MB/sec. for optimum performance with devices that use microSDHC. The combination of a microSD card and multiple adapters means users can pack light and do more with a single card, interchanging it with many devices.

You can also go for Sandisk 4GB Mini SDHC Card. SanDisk’s Mini SDHC product is a class 2 device: it delivers a minimum data transfer speed of 2MBps while the Kingston Mini SDHC product is a class 4 device with a minimum data transfer speed of 4MBps.

Note : SD High Capacity (SDHC) card is the new SD memory card based on the SDA 2.00 specification, introduced by the SD Card Association. This new SDA 2.00 specification enables SD cards to reach higher capacities - 4GB-32GB. Because SDHC works differently then standard SD cards, this new format is not backwards compatible with legacy SD format host devices.

For compatibility check, look for the SDHC logo on cards and host devices (mobile phones, cameras, camcorders, etc.)