Thread: I can not turn off Ipod Nano

I can not turn off Ipod Nano

It was really surprising. I am trying to turn off my Ipod Nano since long time but it just won't getting off. When i press the play/pause bottom for a few seconds it goes to standby mode and it don't turn off.I have also tried the menu/center button reboot, but all it does is reboot the thing and I still can't turn it off. I need some urgent help from you all guys for the same. Please help.

Re: I can not turn off Ipod Nano

You can hit the play pause button until the display a black screen which means that the ipod has been turned off. Or simply Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons simultaneously until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep. You can also decrease the battery, make sure you are using the latest version of the iPod updater.

i just need to hold the Play button for a while and it gets turn Off. iPods have a view of where the off. What usually confirms the need to move to another menu and then try to continue. Or switching on and off the lock and try it. Or do both. One of these things normally work. If that doesn't work, try restoring your iPod by connecting your iPod to the PC, opening the updater, and clicking Restore.

If you are still unable to shut doen your iPod, use only one finger from one hand to press the Center (Select) button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Menu button.By default it goes into sleep mode. It only actually turns off after 24 hours of no use.You can also force it to go to sleep by holding down the play/pause button for a few seconds.

For more info about turning off / resetting iPod Nano, see this :

How to reset iPod ?