Thread: Disassemble the motherboard on a Dell Laptop

Disassemble the motherboard on a Dell Laptop

I am having Dell C600 laptop with me, whenever i am trying to format my laptop it gets freezed after sometime when i asked about the same to my friend he told me that i need to check my motherboard and my problem would get solved, but i don't have any idea how to Disassemble my Dell laptop motherboard. Can any one tell me what steps i need to follow for it.

For disassembling the motherboard on a dell laptop you need to follow the below steps:-

1. Firstly remove the battery and remove your DVD drive by removing 2 screws on bottom of the laptop.

2. Now remove screw on bottom of laptop which is labeled as M, lay the screw and memory cover.

3. Now remove your Hard Disk cover by removing 2 screws which is labeled as H, and also lay the screws and Hard Drive cover too.Now again remove 2 screws labeled H which are located under the Hard Disk cover. Gently pull on the Hard Disk removal tab and place this screws and Hard Disk aside.

4. Now find a labeled D and remove 2 screws from bottom of laptop. These screws are located directly under screen. Gently remove plastic keyboard retainer strip by opening the screen to a horizontal position and gently prying the plastic strip containing the power switch.

5. Now carefully remove your keyboard, by unplugging the ribbon cable from the motherboard by lifting the outermost edges of the keyboard ribbon cable connector. This should allow the keyboard and ribbon cable to slide out easily.

6. Remove silver motherboard cover by removing 7 retaining screws and also remove Fan by removing screws labeled TH7 & TH9. Unplug and remove fan.

7. Remove processor heat sink by loosing the 4 strange looking screws that have springs attached to them and are labeled 1 through 4. Loosen screws a couple of turns at a times starting at 1 and working through 4.

8. Unplug screen cable from mother board, remove screw attaching the screen ground to the mother board ground. Hold on to the screen and Remove 2 screws from back of laptop labeled D. Screen is now loose. Remove and set aside carefully.

9. Now remove 4 short screws from top of laptop. Screws are located close to the back of the laptop, under where the screen was. Remove 8 long screws labeled P from back of laptop. Remove 2 short screws labeled P from hard drive slot. Remove 2 silver screws labeled P from the top of the laptop. The screws are close to the power switch and to the right of where the fan was located.

10. Now again lift off laptop cover by unplugging the Mouse ribbon cable from the motherboard by lifting the outermost edges of the Mouse ribbon cable connector.

11. Remove motherboard screw labeled TH15 and remove Hard Disk Caddy by removing 4 screws and also VGA output screw/nuts

12. Finally Unplug Speakers, Unplug screen switch by disconnecting CON4 and your Mother Board is free to be removed.

If you are still not able to disassemble the motherboard on a Dell Laptop then i would suggest you to call Dell Support desk or check out this link.

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=us&l=en&s=gen