Thread: Screen Probem with my HP dv6516tx laptop

Screen Probem with my HP dv6516tx laptop

Hi,

I have HP dv6516tx Laptop & its 1 year old now.
    It works fine but the only problem I am facing with this laptop is its screen.
    Whenever I leave it on it goes to hibernation & when i move the mouse to come out of hibernation I don't get the screen normal it gets colored sometimes bright etc.
    Can you guys please suggest me what should i do? Sometimes in a day it happens without hibernation thing but it gets normal on restart.
    Please help.

Re: Screen Probem with my HP dv6516tx laptop

Is your laptop under warranty? If yes then take it to HP right now & see what is the problem before its gets out of warranty.
    I don't know what could be the exact reason but the screen problem is generally related with the drivers, Please go to hp site & install the latest hp driver for your model number. The screen problem can also be caused due to the hard drive set the Hard drive to "always on" so the next time your laptop goes into hibernation the hard drive will continue spinning. when you shut it down then the hdd will turn off. This may happen due to bad sector in hdd or may be related to the video card, or Overheating.

He screen problem can be with the backlight for the screen which may be dying, but if you replace screen it will also need to replace the backlight that is complete replace mean of screen which is good. Normally you need to pay almost a big amount for this. Get a warranty repair/replacement job on it ASAP.

Hi,
    I am also having an hp laptop & facing similar problem with its screen. After some time of working the screen goes off. I have already tried installing the latest driver but no help. I think this must be due to overheating.
    Please let me know if there is any other problem?
    I also want to know that how will i check if the hard disk is dying or having some bad sectors on it?