Thread: How to activate a found cell phone

How to activate a found cell phone

Today when i was roaming out with my friends i found a Verizon cell phone and i thought that some one would call up on that number but no one called up for many hours and it's a very good phone. So i have decided to activate it on my Verizon Service. Does Verizon cell phone has any tracking device system or i will be in trouble if i try to activate it from my end.

How To Activate a Used Cell Phone

Probably yes if you are being caught then it would be a major issue for you. but before doing this be a little smart by calling Verizon and check it out if the serial number matches up with any lost or stolen mobile phone if not then make a claim that you have new bought this phone and they will ask you for your ESN number it will take a few hours for your new phone to get activated and then enjoy it.

How to activate a found cell phone

If you need to activate found cell phone then you need to follow the below steps:-

1. First contact your provider to make sure you can activate a used cell phone through them because many companies don't do this.
    2. Now give him the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) of your used phone to see if it is compatible with there service or not which you can locate the ESN number by removing the battery which will be of 11 digit number.
    3. Put the card from your old phone into your newly acquired phone. If that works, you're set. If not, move on to the next step.
    4. Call your cell phone company on a land line or different cell phone. Tell them you would like to activate a new phone and start an account or to replace your old phone. They will ask you some security questions like model, serial number and ESN, so have these handy. They will tell you what to do from there and walk you through it.