Thread: TomTom introduces iPhone navigation software and accessories

TomTom introduces iPhone navigation software and accessories

TomTom Navigation Maker during the keynote at the Apple WWDC its iPhone application presented. Additionally, the Dutch manufacturer with a car holder for the iPhone.

It is still unclear when the iPhone software and accessories will be available. Nor is it clear how much the TomTom products will cost. The car holder has the same adhesive system as simple TomToms and can charge the iPhone while navigating.

TomTom was discussed during a presentation on iPhone OS 3.0 at the Apple keynote at WWDC. There was also clear that iPhone owners in the Netherlands can tether. Tether, the iPhone as a modem is used, takes place via a cable or bluetooth and there is no software required. T-Mobile is one of the providers who tether supports the release of iPhone OS 3.0, as demonstrated by the presentation.

Users of the iPhone through iTunes 3.0 can rent or buy films. Also, audio books, recordings of lectures and broadcasts of TV shows are purchased. Downloading is via 3G or wifi connection. Also new is the service Find My Phone. Owners of an iPhone could find their phones by logging into MobileMe. MobileMe looking to contact the device via its GPS location transmission. Also can be cleared away all the data.

The new iPhone OS 3.0 is next week Wednesday. Users of the iPhone and iPhone 3G have free upgrade, iPod Touch owners have to deposit ten dollars for the update of the OS.

Re: TomTom presents iPhone navigation software and accessories

Now I hope that the TomTom software will not too expensive, or that a scheme for iPhoners who already have a TomTom, I have little sense to have a time to pay for the Europe map that I already have an SD card ..

Games are often a thick 30 cheaper on the Nintendo DS.
    So yes made for ipod makes everything really expensive

you are within the EU are not obliged to name the ipod on your product to continue only in the U.S. where the craziest things you can patent it is possible to force it.

Am very curious how the pricing will we have the hardware already. I would like to see your music through the stereo can play. If you are within the TomTom app. is the music away 'fade' or something.