Thread: Firmware Upgrade for Sony Bravia

Firmware Upgrade for Sony Bravia

There is a firmware problem exists in the Sony's Bravia and Grand Wega Televisions due to which the televisions cannot turn on or off after 1,200 hours of operations. This problem is likely to appear in the LCD and rear projection sets of the customers residing in Asia and North America.

A limited number of Bravia (Flat Screen) and Grand Wega (Rear Projection LCD) televisions manufactured through November 2005 temporarily may not turn on or off after several months (depending upon usage) due to a software issue. This problem can be easily resolved with a simple software update provided by Sony at no charge.

However, all the Bravia or Grand Wega televisions are not affected. But, If you've already faced this software issue, the television can be temporarily reset by disconnecting the AC Power Cord from the wall outlet, wait at least 30 seconds and then reconnect the AC power cord to the wall outlet.

After this reset procedure, the television should work properly until another several months of use has accumulated.

Re: Firmware Upgrade for Sony Bravia

Thanks for the information Simond,

I checked my model number and tried to update the firmware for my Sony Bravia. The update took around 10 mins to complete which I received from the antenna connected to the ATSC turner. But after this, when I turned on the LCD, there was a message on the screen saying - the TV could not be viewed until the firmware update was completed.....help

Re: Firmware Upgrade for Sony Bravia

There might be some error caused while receiving the updates through antenna. Well, you can save the firmware update(s) directly from the Sony website to the memory stick and then plugin the stick in the port on the LCD and run the update.