Thread: Websites not compatible with iPod

Websites not compatible with iPod

Some websites in my apple iphone is not working. When try to access the web pages from my iphone the page is not opening. There is some compatibility issue with my phone. I tried some setting in the browser then relaunch it again. But still the problem arises. Other than this my iTunes is working great. I also do not has any problem with my internet connection also. Other websites like google, yahoo are working but websites like digg.com, facebook sometimes give errors.

Re: Websites not compatible with iPod

Maximum number of websites are compatible with iPhone. They will work fine. But it is also much better to configure iPhone to make website more supportive and work smoothly. It also important to ensure that the website that use Canvas, AJAX function and a limit size of page around 320x480 pixcel are rendering and formatting properly. Otherwise you get errors like web page or application not scaling properly when rotate and safari zooming out.

It is sometime happens that some website don't work in iPhone's. If possible try to update your iPhone OS. It can resolve a number of incompatible issues. On of the easy way to configure the website in iPhone is to add a one line change in the website encoding. This makes the website to support iPhone. To do this just simply add the following line to the HTML Head section of the web page
    HTML Code:
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=320″ />

The best and easiest way to solve the problem is upgrade your apple os to apples os 3.0. The 3.0 version of apple os is compatible with all the websites plus multiple other applications. The new Apple OS 3.0 is very efficient and the big thing it eliminates the compatibility issue. Normally at the time of surfing on the internet many users complain that some website are not working. You can do some alternative configuration to resolve the issue. Like for eg the view port. Viewport is a visual formatting model. It is part of the screen where you can see the web pages. You can change the layout of document to view the not working websites. You can change the size of screen which some time the cause. Like to change a view area type this in the HTML Head Section of a website.
    HTML Code:
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”initial-scale=1.0″ />
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”user-scalable=false” />
    This can resolve your issue.