Thread: Spectrus USB hub-Art Lebedev

Spectrus USB hub-Art Lebedev

It's a given that we need USB hubs. There aren't enough USB ports on your computer to fit all of your gadgets and gizmos. USB hubs come in all shapes, sizes and colors, but ultimately people want something that works well and looks good. It's that simple. I've had a few hubs. They were all cheap looking affairs that didn't last long. That's why I really like Art Lebedev's new hub. It's looks really great and reminds me of Pink Floyd.

USB hubs come in many shapes and sizes, most of them uglier than a sack of frogs. Fortunately, the designers at Art Lebedev are on the case and have come up with the Spectrus USB hub which adds a dazzle of colour to your home computer.

As usual this is just a concept design at the moment and there are no details on whether this USB hub will go into production, if it does it is bound to be expensive.

Art Lebedev’s Russian designers claim that it is supposed to represent a glass prism, refracting light into its constituent colours. Either that or it’s a shameless rip off of Dark Side of the Moon. The result is certainly eye catching, but we don’t fancy your chances of finding seven USB devices with the corresponding cable colours.

Each socket does pack a light conductor though, so perhaps plugging in all white cables will create the desired effect. The new Apple keyboard should be a good start.

Re: Spectrus USB hub-Art Lebedev

Spectrus is the latest of really nice and beautiful technological devices from Art Lebedev. The Pink-Floyd-looking USB hub is a really neat design. It's shaped and inspired from a prism, which is why there are so many neat colors on its side. The colors are painted on and they looks really good.

Spectrus has also got 7 USB ports and will fit quite nicely next to that new Mac on your desk. It's definitely something that you would keep at home and not travel around with, since it's somewhat bigger than your usual hub. All that's really left to find out is the price and its release date. Art Lebedev are really championing good looking devices that are simple as well.

I think that they were listening to Dark Side of the Moon and suddenly had an idea sparked by that iconic cover.

Either way, the end result is definetely a break from the norm although I’m thinking that most people wont have cables that correspond to the light conducted ports.

Perhaps those lights will shine onto white or clear USB cables to give the correct effect.

I actually have no idea what the heck he’s doing with this, it looks like maybe there’s some sort of prism on the inside? Or it’s just colored on the outside as if there were a prism on the inside? I don’t know, either way I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon.

It surely seems to be a perfect kind of furniture less an geeky gadget when it will be placed at our place. And above all it has 7 usb hub connection that could be very useful when there is a shortage of usb port on the computer. I wonder what will be the price of this beauty "USB hub-Art Lebedev" and where it is available for purchase.

I have some list of great looking usb hubs. Spectrus hub is awesome and unique. It is very different in comparison to regular ones. I am also providing you some of the best looking model which are must to have unique usb hubs.

The first one is Uboards.

The second one is similar tape box with usb hub.

The third one usb pot which is very unique