Thread: Synchronizing Samsung Omnia with 2 PCs

Synchronizing Samsung Omnia with 2 PCs

Hello,

My initial position: I have a independent pc and use at home and in the office in each case a Windows computer (in the office XPSP3 with Active Sync 4,5 and at home Vista Home Premium SP1 with the Windows mobile center 6,1). As mobile phone I use Samsung SGH-I900 (Omnia). I would not like really more, as if my dates and my contacts on altogether 3 devices (the two PCs and the mobile phone) to keep synchronous.

My problem: so far I had 2 Windows XP-computers and a Qtek 9100. To initial problems the Synchronize went for over 18 months completely complainless. Now I have at home a new PC with Vista and a new mobile phone (even Samsung Omnia). Despite all google searches, new installations of Outlook (2003) and Activesync under XP and the omina Windows mobile center under Vista I do not create it to keep the dates and the contacts synchronous. Why? If I liked to synchronize mobile phone in the office (XPSP3) come the error message that during the synchronisation an error arose. The error code (sorry, have that not at hand now) means after a google questioning that one is to again install Active Sync. Well, de-installed and again installs. Everything functions.

My really large request now: can someone help me? I am whole firm in the use of PCs and Windows mobile devices, but here I do not see myself really more out.

So, perhaps anyone can me who really help.

Thanks

Re: Synchronizing Samsung Omnia with 2 PCs

I have likewise the same problem. I would like to synchronize Win XP and Win Vista nevertheless only with my Omnia. Also with two Pc's with XP I do not succeed. Even with Bluetooth and several PC's problems were never with synchronizing a topic.

Also after several hours google and search in various forums I still no solution found.

If someone has a solution, please please this divides with .......

THANX!!

Thus now I “answer” you, so that ours does not come thread into oblivion (another has today already reported on the same code 0x86000107):

it does not go definitely and reproducibly apparent synchronizing 2 Outlooks with the same version number with a Windows mobile 6 mobile phone (Omnia in my case). That cannot be true nevertheless! Tell please ask who a solution?

The following are 2 settings on the Phone:

1. Ensure "Active Sync" is selected in Settings/Connections/USB Connection Mode (Probably already set)
    2. Ensure "Enable advanced network functionality" is UNSELECTED in Settings/Connections/USB to PC (Key change from default on phone I purchased)

I hope this works for you as well.