Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix for Iphone error 1611

Re: Fix for Iphone error 1611

^^^ Well it got my iphone out of recovery mode, but yeah, still the same problem. Am off to Apple later this week me thinks.

Alright so I downloaded tiny umbrella and I clicked on "Kick Device Out of Recovery Mode" and it just turns off now, turns back on and it shows the silver apple for about 10 seconds turns off again and it just keeps doing that over and over again. Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vlad_curtean View Post
    Alright so I downloaded tiny umbrella and I clicked on "Kick Device Out of Recovery Mode" and it just turns off now, turns back on and it shows the silver apple for about 10 seconds turns off again and it just keeps doing that over and over again. Any ideas?

Thanks
    You should be knowing that tools like RecBoot and TinyUmbrella work only for situations in which a boot loop is caused by an improper boot flag is set in the configuration files. This happens, for instance, when a restore operation fails. If these tools do not work, then there is a more significant problem causing your boot loop. This could either be accidental deletion or corruption of the OS, or hardware failure. If you cannot get your phone out of its boot loop using these tools, the next trouble-shooting step should be DFU restore to rule out hardware failure.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This is the best solution i have found. first, a bricked iphone can best be repaired with a program called "ireb" (google it) its great! 1st, connect your bricked iphone to the computer and run ireb. (windows, right click and run as administrator) click on your iphone model, and it will force it into dfu mode, given you follow the simple instructions on screen. next, you'll need to do a custom restore to 4.1 firmware (windows, hold shift and click restore in itunes. you will need to select your firmware from wherever it is saved on your pc. any firmware can be downloaded from here: the site has a nice drop down bar with various firmwares, be sure to select the correct one. 3g, 3gs ect...) itunes will then restore the device to 4.1 firmware. if the iphone in question is not unlocked, meaning the modem firmware is still the default and not 6.15, then you can now restore to 4.2.1 firmware in itunes. if the iphone's modem firmware has been updated to the ipad baseband (6.15) DO NOT RESTORE TO 4.2.1!!!! you're just stuck with 4.1 firmware. sorry :'( i have literally just done this and it worked fine.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 28-01-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Re: I Found My Fix for Iphone error 1611

Kept getting this over and over. Originally due to a duff battery but got this error 1611 after replacing it.
    Finally found a modified driver for an apple usb device in device manager installed with Libusb and so I deleted it. I remember twatting about with that now before I realized the battery was shot and I hadn't removed it when I discovered it didn't help.
    I can now restore the little fella, yay! So nice to see that little white bar moving at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard23 View Post
    hi,

Solution for Error 1611 :

1- Change the USB port the phone is plugged in to. Do not plug the phone back in yet.

2- Reboot the computer then plug the phone in and immediately restart the phone in DFU WHILE CONNECTED to the computer.

3- Hit restore.
    This worked for me thanks man u helped me out a lot of trouble with my girl (her iphone)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12