Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix for Iphone error 1611

Fix for Iphone error 1611

Hi

Once I forgotten my passcode and it was about the restoration does not work, I try it out with jailbreak So, I took QuickPwn-225-2 and the jailbreak worked well.

In each instance it is then hung on i-tunes at work and now do nothing more.

I've already tried all restorations, but always reappearing error 1611,'ve already uninstalled itunes with RegClean, nothing more of it there. and reloaded itunes.

did everything possible even in DFU mode probably.
    maybe yes, I made the wrong firmware, I must honestly say I never really on.

Thanks for the help

Re: Fix for Iphone error 1611

Any firmware update will brick x number of "legitimate" devices, either because of a random error during firmware update, or because of a device defect caused to become detectable by the firmware update.

"Bricking" hacked iPhones hasn't seemed to happen. Hacked phones just lose their 3rd party applications and you can't put them back. "Bricking" unlocked iPhones has seemed to have de-activated them and made them unusable, cannot be re-activated, even with their original included AT&T SIM cards.

What you two report is totally different. That error code will have a reference for Apple technicians. Call AppleCare or take it to an Apple Store. They'll know the difference.

A small, very small but it happens, number of iPods get bricked every firmware update. It's one reason you want to limit firmware updates. But iPhones aren't hacked or unlocked. It's just a failure of the update, or a defect of the device shown up by stressing it flashing the firmware.

hi,

Solution for Error 1611 :

1- Change the USB port the phone is plugged in to. Do not plug the phone back in yet.

2- Reboot the computer then plug the phone in and immediately restart the phone in DFU WHILE CONNECTED to the computer.

3- Hit restore.

If your iPhone just boots to "Please connect to iTunes" all the time

This is an issue that I had. What you need to do depends on your operating system.

Windows:
    - Download iBrickr and extract it somewhere.
    - Open a command line and cd to the folder you extracted iBrickr to.
    - Run iphoneinterface from the command line.
    - You should see an r_recovery prompt.
    - Type "setenv auto-boot true" and hit enter.
    - Type "saveenv" and hit enter.
    - Type "fsboot" and hit enter.
    - Your phone will boot properly.

You edit your iPhone with Ziphone? so you can start your iPhone scrap the Ziphone is only for firmware 1.1.4 since.

Activating iPhone "Restore mode"

1. The iPhone to your Mac / PC
    2. Both buttons on the iPhone, the top (power button) and bottom (square), hold
    3. As long hold up to the iPhone neustartet, the glowing apple appears
    4. When the apple appears release the top button
    5. iPhone to iTunes icon with plug show -> restore mode

Activation of the iPhone "DFU mode"

1. The steps 1-2 above to initiate
    2. Once the red slider to turn off the iPhone will continue to hold the buttons, but about 4 seconds to count (while the iPhone is "off" - black screen)
    3. Button down and hold up let go (iPhone screen should still be black - no Apple logo!)
    4. iTunes reports that it had (after about 5-10 seconds), the iPhone in restore mode detected (but a different mode when the iPhone screen remains black -> DFU mode.

I updated my iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 and jailbreaked it worked fine and i reset my network settings and in cydia i pushed something make untouched and until then when i want to make restore even in DFU mode when starts to update the iphone restarts and i get error 1611 I TROW IT OUT THE WINDOW !!! PLS HELP !!!

Quote Originally Posted by F1rE_80y View Post
    I updated my iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 and jailbreaked it worked fine and i reset my network settings and in cydia i pushed something make untouched and until then when i want to make restore even in DFU mode when starts to update the iphone restarts and i get error 1611 I TROW IT OUT THE WINDOW !!! PLS HELP !!!
    Actually got the same problem as above.

Installed an app from Cydia and after that I got the recovery screen.

Tried to recover it iTunes: error 1611, recover it in DFU mode: error 1611.
    tried different usb ports, computers but all without any luck.

Anyone able to help us out?

hey 10x a lot guys i hope u be in same situation like me all internet is doomed b y this freaking error...10x for help

Why The F|_|CK No One Knows About This F|_|ing Error Omgggggggggg !oeuisejfouisd|fisd
    F!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have successfully restore my friend's iphone having a code error of 1611. What I did was just simply making sure that Apple Mobile Device service is running and also both Bonjour and Ipod services as well. You can check if this is enable and running by simple typing msconfig on the search bar then go to Services tab and check if all the mentioned services are running and enabled.

Hope this will help you guys. Goodluck

SOLVED
    1. Whatever firmware you are running, download the previous major version. ie if you are running 3.1.11, then download 3.0 firmware.

2. open iTunes, and restore old firmware that you just downloaded.
    On a MAC 'alt / option + click restore', locate old firmware and update
    On a PC 'shift + click restore', locate old firmware and update

3. once updated you may get a '1015' error, if so download quickpwn

unzip and run quickpwn. follow on screen instructions

SOLVED
    Your iphone is now back to 3.0 factory default , go ahead and run iTunes updates and finaly blackSn0w to jailbreak correctly
    Last edited by Rameez.J; 28-12-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: External Link Removed. Read Forum Rules.

Leonard you are f**** great dude i spent hours trying to restore my iphone DID EVERYTHING I MEAN EVERYTHING trying to solve the 1611 error.

YOU ROCK MAN
    WORKED PERFECTLY
    10X

Wow, nothing worked for my 3GS that was jailbroken with spirit (may/2010) and than I installed some wifi stuff that "dumped" my wifi ... So I did a network reset as it was in the blackra1n case ... but my 3GS entered boot loop with apple logo ...
    I was trying to restore, and than this 1611 error ... Tried all the options posted above, and nothing worked for me, so at least what did work for me is as follows:

Entering the DFU mode and restoring the firmware. After a long period the error 1611 appears, somehow the phone does not goes off, instead entering kind of mode probably the DFU, but this time you just hit the restore again with out changing the USB with out even closing the iTunes, just hit the restore again ... and at least it restores... That have worked for me ...

@Mediaeasier

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I have a jailbroken 3G with 3.1.2 on it. I just got my 4G and so I wanted to use the delete all feature in the General section to clear out all my data as I was selling the 3G to someone else. After the hour it took to delete the phone no longer would reboot.

I've tried every suggestion, fix and recommended solution I could find on the web and none of them worked. I went from getting error 1600 to 1604 back to 1600 to 1611 with trying everything suggested. Once I got the 1611 error and I worked my way down this page, I thought, I bet this is going to work, and sure enough it did. Thanks again

Since iTunes no longer allows you to downgrade your firmware this solution will no longer work. I was stuck with this 1611 error and my iphone was stuck in recovery mode..I thought my iphone was bricked but remembered a dope application called tinyumbrella which has a feature that allows you to kick your iphone out of recovery mode.

It worked for me, although the reason why i wanted to restore in the first place (itunes not detecting my iphone), is still there.

But at least im not stuck in recovery.

Anyway download tiny umbrella filename "umbrella-4.02.04.exe" from google. No need to install anything. Run it, plug iphone in it..let it do its thing and then click "boot out of recovery".

If this works, post this to at least one other forum as a thank you since ive found many people with the same problem.

Peace out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast