Thread: DELL XPS 730x

DELL XPS 730x

Hello,

I am considering to buy a Dell PC, the XPS 730x model with the two NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GTX 280 graphics cards thrilled me. Six Giga Ram and an Intel ® Core i7 processor Extreme Edition 965 "should be sufficient to limitless home to be happy at work and of course when you play.

But now my question! If a Dell PC just expand? If I want to know that can I exchange the hardware, can upgrade hardware, the Dell "certified" ? Is there anything else, who speaks against Dell?

Re: DELL XPS 730x

Basically this is a PC like any other. Basically I think that even to the standards. And one PCI-E card is holding a PCI-E card. Sometimes the power supply also something special from it size, but in an era of cost optimization should also 0815-product construction.

Hello,

Even Dell uses largely standard components, and so can be cards, hard drives, RAM, etc. is easily retrofitted. And even usually without tool.

The problem, as with any retrofit, which is always rapidly changing standards and connectors, so in my current workstation I have with a single PATA hard disk can be retrofitted. That should be but for the entire industry, not just for Dell.

In principle nothing speaks against Dell, but it makes a big difference whether you "Private Client" (only minimum guarantee, according to insufficient hotline), or "professionals" (at least 3 years on-site, Hotline ,...) is excellent. This was just said, because often in a pot thrown. It's like everywhere: You get max. what you pay for ...

Thanks for the info.

I have considered Dell because Dell allegedly components from many different manufacturers were used. Personally, I find this not a disadvantage if they are well coordinated. On the contrary, I prefer to have an NVIDIA-GK in the PC as a Dell-GK.