Thread: Dell Inspiron 1525 screen broken

Dell Inspiron 1525 screen broken

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 which worked very well until I connected a generic charger (ordered on a site). The battery burst and the screen started to "go into a spin" on an intermittent basis. I contacted the shipper of generic service, who asked me to send any packages, and a month and a half after I get a new charger but the screen is still spinning.

The screen sometimes appear as broken, not the graphics card, since the display on an external display works fine.

I think I'll send in a repair and send the bill to the service of the shipper, but first I wanted to post a message here in case someone would have already had this type of failure and how can solve?

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 screen broken

A priory problem of inverter or backlight, if you find one not too expensive, this tent, but if the problem occurred due to a malfunction, this is what you can try.

I will be seeking Dell inverter (but I'm not sure how to mount it), or go to a repairer for a help?

Its simple, it usually suffices to remove the small plastic pieces that cover the screen to access the screws and open the cover under the screen, then I think there will still live and the inverter will be visible.

For repairer, no idea, but it will cost you at least your Rs. 6500 + the inverter ...

It looks not really a problem of backlight, in my view. It seems to me the timing issue on the video signal sent by the graphics card.

Also I just doubt that the cause is the graphics card. Or is only the DVI which was damaged. It may indeed be the cable, or the electronic entry of the screen. The fact is that the backlight seems ok, but something that would be impossible with a backlight failure.