Thread: Fujifilm FinePix A150 & A100 and F200 EXR Digital Camera Revealed

Fujifilm FinePix A150 & A100 and F200 EXR Digital Camera Revealed

The wave of new cameras for the beginning of 2009 continues to surge with three compact FinePix announced by Fujifilm. The Japanese manufacturer succeeds with many compact Panasonic, renewal of Nikon Coolpix and the latest addition to Pentax.

FinePix F200 EXR
    The stabilized Super CCD sensor 12 million pixels combined with a processor EXR new generation promises on this compact wide dynamic range, permitting the recording of contrasting scenes, and high sensitivity, allowing to photograph in low light. The sensor design allows to combine two photosites, albeit at the expense of a split all the definition (6 million pixels can nonetheless good prints 20 x 30 cm), but to a dynamic and a sensitivity can reach up to ISO 6400 (up to ISO 12800 to 3 million pixels).

This camera also has a zoom wide angle equivalent to a 28-140mm (5 times), an LCD display 000 to 230 points 3 inches and shutter speed priority modes, Aperture Priority and Manual. It also loads the technology for the recognition of scenes and faces in fashion that can automatically optimize the development and exposure.

It is sadly lacking in a recording function pictures in RAW, a particularly useful with a sensor claiming such dynamic range. It is also silent on the capture of high definition video, content sequence definition VGA (640 x 480 pixels) at 30 frames per second.

The EXR Fujifilm FinePix F200 will be available in February 2009 at a price not given.

FinePix A150 and A100
    These two compact affordable share virtually the same specifications and are designed for casual photographers. They are distinguished by their screens that measure 3 inches on the A150 and 2.7 inches on the A100. They both have a 3 times zoom equivalent to a 36-106mm and behind which lies a sensor 10 million pixels climbing to 1600 ISO.

They are both equipped with the traditional methods now automatically selected scenes using the technology for recognizing faces.

These two compact will be available during the month for undisclosed prices.

Re: Fujifilm FinePix A150 & A100 and F200 EXR Digital Camera Revealed

I frankly doubt the usefulness of having such huge sensitivities on a compact sensor with a (probably) very little, except that the device will rise rapidly in the ISO Auto mode, the result, the average user who do not know much in setting risk of ending up with ugly pictures, full of noise and even the experienced user can not find that: there is not even RAW, while my compact Canon G4 bought 8 years ago already allowed :/

Too bad, because the design of the F200 EXR frankly I like, but hey, I prefer my bridge