Thread: Headphones Sennheiser HDR 110 and terrible hiss.

Headphones Sennheiser HDR 110 and terrible hiss.

Hello to all.
    For Christmas I was offered a headset Sennheiser HDR model 110 (SR110) wireless. I am very satisfied with the overall quality of the headset but I have a big problem (more than one, in truth).

1) The receiver is activated on / off automatically. This is a problem because when the computer may not reproduce sounds for quite some time and the headset is off. A normal sound of Windows is unable to resume the transmission. can we prevent the transmission off?
    2) The problem most important, once the receiver is turned off, the headphones emit a terrible sound that forces you to remove their headphones, or otherwise seek to rehabilitate the receiver ...

Possible that such a cap has problems so coarse?

Re: Headphones Sennheiser HDR 110 and terrible hiss.

I was offered a headset Sennheiser HDR model 110 (SR110) wireless. I am very satisfied with the overall quality of the headset but I have a big problem (more than one, in truth).

1) The receiver is activated on / off automatically. This is a problem because when the computer may not reproduce sounds for quite some time and the headset is off. A normal sound of Windows is unable to resume the transmission. can we prevent the transmission off?
    2) The problem most important, once the receiver is turned off, the headphones emit a terrible sound that forces you to remove their headphones, or otherwise seek to rehabilitate the receiver ...

110 have 3 ranges of operation have tried to frequency transmission, pressing both buttons on a frequent basis for change, and the other on a Hall of headphones, perhaps interference, especially if high-volume, however little or a lot, all the wireless, a little hiss is present, because if the signal is absent, the carrier is in receipt, otherwise it loses reception channel, forcing them to repeat the process of acquisition.

110 have 3 ranges of operation have tried to frequency transmission, pressing both buttons on a frequent basis for change, and the other on a Hall of headphones, perhaps interference, especially if high-volume, however little or a lot, all the wireless, a little hiss is present, because if the signal is absent, the carrier is in receipt, otherwise it loses reception channel, forcing them to repeat the process of acquisition.
    Wait, I think that you have not understood the problem. The sound is done only with the receiver is turned off and not a "little" or something casual. I wrote "terrible sound," means that the headphones you have to remove yourself when the receiver stops transmitting or is turned off (and thus the channel of transmission is irrelevant). We are not in the field of interference here (when the transmitter is on the sound is loud and clear).

Perhaps I expressed myself badly what I mean that even if the base that transmits the signal does not transmit the audio signal carrying the liaison (A channel for communication between groups)to the headphones will still be transmitted otherwise disconnecting headphones and you have to redo the search for the broadcasting channel that you do not see the LED on the transmission of sound that does not mean handing the base is not working but that is not may be the reason behind all of this.

Perhaps I expressed myself badly what I mean that even if the base that transmits the signal does not transmit the audio signal carrying the liaison (A channel for communication between groups)to the headphones will still be transmitted otherwise disconnecting headphones and you have to redo the search for the broadcasting channel that you do not see the LED on the transmission of sound that does not mean handing the base is not working but that is not may be the reason behind all of this.
    Thanks Stoavio, but I am thinking,It does so even when the transmitter is detached from.

Quote Originally Posted by astro121 View Post
    Hello to all.
    For Christmas I was offered a headset Sennheiser HDR model 110 (SR110) wireless. I am very satisfied with the overall quality of the headset but I have a big problem (more than one, in truth).

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!! and Ive read that others users suffers the same thing... Did you get any solution? After 10 minutes appears un unbearable & terrible hiss, you better take the headphones off...

As you have bought a brand new device, I advise you to better exchange them. As the time passes, your warranty or guarantee, whatever is the offer you get with the devices may expire and then, you will have to adjust with the problem or buy a new one. I advice you to take them back to the dealer and it is good if he gives a new one or else he will fix them for you. I guess that this is the only solution to your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"