Thread: Apple results: 6.9 million sold 3G iPhone

Apple results: 6.9 million sold 3G iPhone

Apple soon overtaken by the crisis? On the occasion of the publication of its financial results, the firm spoke again quarter record, but has some reservations for the holiday season. In the fourth quarter of its fiscal year, ended last Sept. 27, Apple has a turnover of 7.9 billion dollars, which is coupled with a net profit of 1.14 billion dollars, or 1.26 per share. Over the year, Apple states have achieved a total turnover of 32.5 billion dollars, up 35% and an annual net profit of 4.8 billion dollars.

First, Apple welcomes sales of its latest mobile phone, the iPhone 3G, which would have sold 6.9 million copies in the quarter. Added to the 6.1 million first generation iPhone sold since June 2007, the total allows the firm to anticipate its original purpose, which was ten million handsets sold before the end of 2008.

The last quarter was also due a period conducive to the Mac, puisqu'Apple claims a total of 2611 million computers sold in these three months, an increase of 21% in volume over a year, but also to portable iPod, with 11,052 million units, registering a growth of 8% in volume over a year. The digital music would in turn helped generate 832 million dollars in revenue, a total increase of 38% over one year.

"Apple has just announced one of the best quarters in its history, with a spectacular performance of the iPhone - we sold more phones than RIM, said on that occasion Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We do not yet know how this difficult economic climate will affect Apple. But we are well armed with the best product line in our history, the most talented teams and the best customers of our industry. We also have $ 25 billion in cash to the bank and no debt. "

For the last quarter of the calendar year, Apple confesses low visibility and forecasting difficult, and states expect a turnover of between 9 and $ 10 billion and earnings per diluted share including between 1.06 and 1.35 dollar.

I prefer a PocketPC running Windows Mobile 6 pro, as a multitude of applications s offer you!

I too thought at the beginning but it must also recognize that you have a ton of applications (and free and more) that are nice to use.
    The success of the 3g iphone does not surprise me at all.
    If it was not the price, I think I would have already.