Thread: SteelSeries WoW-oriented 15-button mouse .

SteelSeries WoW-oriented 15-button mouse .

When I was talking to SteelSeries about this beast, they insisted that this wasn’t part of an “arms race.” No, because in a battle of ergonomics, doubling the buttons isn’t always a good idea. But they assured me that they have been working really carefully on this thing to make it usable in the first place, and actually useful in the second. That photo up there is all I’ve got, but I’m thinking that the diamond-shaped button goes four ways and there’s another on the far side, which, added to all the other buttons there, makes 15.

They worked with Blizzard and designed the mouse around the idea that it’s practically a replacement for your keyboard; all your spells and shortcuts are there for most things, and you can switch profiles or customize super easily so you’re not always in battle mode or all-purpose mode. It’s also kind of cool-looking, which I didn’t expect, and it can be illuminated in pretty much any color you can think of. I don’t play WoW but I’ve seen enough of it to know that this thing might actually be useful. I have a feeling Nicholas will be checking this one out.

crunchgear

Designed by Blizzard® and SteelSeries specifically for World of Warcraft®, The World of Warcraft® MMO Gaming Mouse provides remarkable benefit to all World of Warcraft® gamers, regardless of level or play style. The mouse can be customized to fit the users personal preferences; the illumination feature allows for up to 16 million colors, programmability of all 15 buttons via an intuitive and easy to use drag and drop interface. The fluid integration of software with hardware will provide the user with an amazing in-game experience featuring superior performance, comfort and control. The World of Warcraft® MMO Gaming Mouse is fully scalable to meet and exceed the requirements of even the most discerning World of Warcraft® gamer.

• 16 million illumination choices * A total of 15 programmable buttons
    • Several predefined macros and posibility to create your own
    • World’s first gaming mouse designed exclusively for World of Warcraft®
    • Cable (braided): 2 m / 6,6 ft.
    • 15 buttons
    • 800 - 3000 CPI
    • 3,6 mm lift distance

World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse

• Macros up to 160 characters
    • A total of 15 programmable buttons
    • Over 130 predefined commands for drag-and-drop macro creation
    • 16 million illumination choices with 3 intensity and pulsation levels
    • World’s first gaming mouse designed exclusively for World of Warcraft®

The World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse was designed specifically for World of Warcraft® by Blizzard® and SteelSeries. The World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse provides remarkable benefits to all MMO gamers, regardless of level or play style. The mouse features incredible customization options to accommodate personal preferences. Seamless integration between software and hardware will provide an amazing in-game experience that provides superior performance, comfort and control. The World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse is fully scalable to meet and exceed the requirements of even the most discerning World of Warcraft® gamer.