Thread: I want a CD of 'Inner Loops'

I want a CD of 'Inner Loops'

Hi,

A couple of months ago I purchased the book "Inner Loops" by Rick Booth from Amazon.com. From Amazon's description, the book was to have a CD-ROM included. The disc wasn't shipped, but the first page of the book stated that contents of the CD-ROM could be obtained from a web site.

Unfortunately the given website only lists a sample chapter and some general information about the book. E-mails to the publisher goes unanswered, and the author's CompuServe site mentioned in the book looks as though it hasn't been updated since the late '90s (and also doesn't have the CD-ROM data).

So, I wonder if some kind soul could zip and e-mail me the contents of the CD-ROM. Since I've already bought the book, I don't think there should be a moral issue - re: copyright infringement.

Thanks

Have you contacted Amazon to try to resolve the matter?
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hi, I assume that the publisher decided to save some money by relying on the internet instead of providing the CD-ROM. I left an e-mail to Amazon.com requesting that they change their book's description.

However, I see that the book is no longer available from them.

Is there space for a CD in the book, and it's missing? Is there a CD on the spine? Those are indicators that a CD was supposed to be included in the book itself.

No, there wasn't a plastic sleeve for a CD-ROM, in fact the first page of the book has a message that says that the CD-ROM is no longer available, and to go to the publisher's website to download it's contents.

My problem was that the specified website didn't have the CD-ROM contents for download, and all e-mails were ignored.

Re: I want a CD of 'Inner Loops'

Hello! Still looking for a copy of the inner loops CD? Rick and I worked together a few years back, and if I root around, I'm sure I can get in touch with him.
    So if you still need it, I'll give it a shot! (His email has been cut by Compuserve's shutdown by AOL, I think, but I'll find out... Let me know