Poll: Sony Xperia Z Ultra VS Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

Thread: Sony Xperia Z Ultra VS Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

Sony Xperia Z Ultra VS Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

After the huge success of Sony Xperia Z, the brand is ready with the launch of its upgraded version "Xperia Z Ultra" in India. However there is no confirmation about the price as of now, but it is hitting the market probably at July 31, 2013. For those who dont know let me tell that Z Ultra features a large 6.4-inch which makes it strongest competitor for the samsung's recently launched "Galaxy Mega 6.3". So according to you guys, if i have to buy a large display smartphone, which one should i go for among these devices? Please provide a valid reason as well which makes the one better on the second? Thank you very much.

Re: Sony Xperia Z Ultra VS Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

Before anyone provide their views on both the phones, let me mention here the complete list of specifications for both the devices:

Sony Xperia Z Ultra:
    • Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
    • 6.4 inch Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
    • 1920 x 1080 pixels Resolution
    • 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 8MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor
    • 2MP front-facing camera
    • 1080p video recording and playback with both cameras
    • Water proof and dust resistance
    • 16GB internal memory, expandable upto 64GB
    • 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
    • 3050mAh Battery

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3:
    • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    • 6.3-inch HD TFT capacitive touch screen display
    • 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
    • 1.7 GHz dual-core processor
    • 1.5GB of RAM
    • 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
    • 1.9 MP front-facing camera
    • 16GB Internal Memory, expandable up to 64GB
    • 3G HSPA+21Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS+GLONASS, NFC, MHL
    • 3200 mAh battery

Actually there was no need of mentioning the specifications list because Xperia Z Ultra obviously seems to be better then Mega 6.3. Thank you though for the same. No matter there is a negotiable difference in both screen sizes but there is huge difference in their display technology. I have seen some videos released by Sony about its display and according to them I can say this is the best and largest display we have ever seen in Smartphone. The X-Reality technology offers you several enhancement option to make your video experiencing far better. Now comparing with Mega 6.3 which offers 1280 x 720p, we get Full HD 1920 x 1080p resolution with Z Ultra. Well that is the resolution I get from my 24inch Monitor. You can imagine the quality. Better check some videos on youtube about its screen, they have explained it awesomely.

I too agree with you Carley. Not only the best screen, but there are several more stuffs that makes the device better over Galaxy Mega.

Hope guys noticing the 2.2 GHz quad-core processor which is far higher and faster then the Mega’s 1.7GHz Dual Core. If I am not wrong there still several computers not having 2.2GHz quad core processors. If I’m not wrong it is the highest processor. Apart from this Xperia Z Ultra stands tall even with 3050mAh Battery compared to 3200 mAh in Mega.

Great comparison guys, but what about the price? Where Mega 6.3 is available at the price of Rs 30K, do you guys have any idea how much Z Ultra costs? It is not going to be less than 50K. There is no official word so far but as the device is on sale for over 650 Euros in UK, you can imaging the price in India. It is going to be almost double than that of Galaxy Mega. Whats the comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Qiao View Post
    There is no official word so far but as the device is on sale for over 650 Euros in UK, you can imaging the price in India. It is going to be almost double than that of Galaxy Mega. Whats the comparison?
    Well if Apple can make iPhone and people love buying it at Rs. 60K, then I don’t think Z Ultra is not worth at the said price. They are offering such hardware and specifications that makes it even work over 50K.