Poll: have you ever been infected by a virus or malware in the past or present?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Computer Virus type poll

Computer Virus type poll

answer yes or no to the poll

if you have been infected by a virus not listed on this website then comment
    here

also list your antivirus u use and if u use any anti-malware pls comment on the type and company the anti-malware is from

also i want to see how many people have been infected by malware and viruses and what kind so i can find out and comment on a antivirus's website to see it they could provide answers to why there is a vulnerability to the listed virus??

all i am trying to do is let anti-virus/anti-malware companies know about current and past problems

so if u could please post date infected and if available the date the problem was fixed

btw this poll is optional and not everything i ask for has to be answered
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 09-03-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: link removed

Re: Computer Virus type poll

Well, there are 99% of people who are surfing from the internet and get infected with the virus/malware occasionally. The reason is simple, you tend to download different games/software, which lure you, and then in the end once downloading and trying to installing it, you get infected. There are many newbies who dont know which file or software is genuine or fake with virus infected and hence they become the victim of this issue. And if there are no proper antivirus software installed in your computer, then you end up with massive infection on your computer, resulting into data loss or such.

I have been also infected many times by viruses, but even after that I use proper solutions for same. I use Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus and it has served me well till yet. And I also do a reformat of my pc every 6 months to be on the safer side.

ohmy Re: Computer Virus type poll

Odd i never thought it would be nessisary to do a hd format so often

.. but if it works then cool

what about data would u back it up or just start fresh????

For data, I usually use an external hard drive, since I travel a lot of places and need those data's any time either for some work or for watching movies and other things. I generally keep the Windows partition free, that is I dont keep any data on the same partition, because I know that once, by any chance, if the same parition gets corrupted then the data on it will be lost too.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    For data, I usually use an external hard drive, since I travel a lot of places and need those data's any time either for some work or for watching movies and other things. I generally keep the Windows partition free, that is I dont keep any data on the same partition, because I know that once, by any chance, if the same parition gets corrupted then the data on it will be lost too.
    that is a good idea but believe it or not usb products don't like me since the end of my acer restarting randomly thread i have lost 2 usb's

plus i dont have the budget for it because ofgroceries and bills