Poll: Best screen size for a Smartphone

Thread: Best screen size for a Smartphone

Best screen size for a Smartphone

There are some many Smartphone manufacturer in the market by now and to impress and attract their customers many have started coming up with big displays. Today there 4 inch screen is quite normal but there are Smartphone’s with 4.3 inch, 5 inch, 5.2 inch and 5.5 inch. So I am starting this thread to know form you all which is Best screen size for a Smartphone and why. A quick vote with a quick reason will he appreciated.

Re: Best screen size for a Smartphone

I think 4.3 inch is more than enough for a Smartphone, bigger than that gets too bulky. I have had hands-on with 4.3 inch, 5 inch. 5.2 inch as well as 5.5 inch Smartphone’s and as per my experience 4.3 inch was the most comfortable one. So my vote goes for 4.3 inch.

For me 4 inch screen is good but I won’t mind getting a 4.3 inch one. 5 inch, 5.2 inch and 5.5 inch Smartphone’s are quite bulky. First of all you can’t put them in your pants pockets, either you have to carry it in your hand or put it in our shirts pocket. Carrying the phone for all the time in hand doesn’t seem comfortable whereas when one put these phones in shirt pockets then extra care is to be taken. So considering these things a 4 inch and 4.3 inch will be best choice for a Smartphone.

I don’t know why manufacturer are coming up with bigger screens rather than concentrating on pixels. I like Apple strategy in this case, they try to maintain their iphone screen size and concentrate more on screen resolution.
    Just to share, I have recently hears that Karbonn has come up with Karbonn A30 which is known as phablet and has 5.9-inch display. I can’t even imagine myself dealing with it. I guess Samsung galaxy note II was having the biggest display measuring 5.5 inch by now but Karbonn has kicked it off with 5.9-inch. If this continues then within some years we will have to carry extra bags for these phones, as they won’t fit in our hands as well. I think a 5 inch screen size for a Smartphone is sufficient.

Agreed!!! But I will like to inform you even though Karbonn A30 has kicked off Samsung galaxy note II with its 5.9-inch, Samsung galaxy note III is rumored to have 6.3 inch display. There is lot of news over the web by now and I am quite sure they’ll come up with one. Manufacturer like Samsung and HTC are just not concentrating on bigger display but they have concentrated on higher resolution as well, I know apple is leading with iphone as far as resolution is concerned but Samsung and HTC with their big screen Smartphone’s are above compared to apple in Indian market.

Yes even I have heard that Samsung galaxy note III will have 6.3-inch screen using an OLED display but there hasn’t been any information regarding the resolution it will feature. Currently most of the 5 inch displays are having 1920 x 1080 resolutions so expectation will be higher with a 6.3-inch display. Currently I am using Lumia 510 having 4'' Display touch screen, it’s quite comfortable in hands, I think I would have any issues if it might have a 4.3 inch screen as well. So my vote goes for 4.3 inch.

Divyasharma Guest

I find 5 inch as the best one..because it is big enough to show you everything and small enough to fit on your hands..

This is how Samsung new Flagship will look like compared to note and note 2:

Bulky isn’t it ??? Even I think 5 inch displays are quite enough for a Smartphone.

I have checked out Samsung galaxy note II and it wasn’t that bulky but 5.9 inch and 6.6 inch display will sure be bulky. I would prefer buying a 7 inch tablet instead.

rmtra12 Guest

Personally I love Samsung Galaxy SIII Screen Size. Its my favourite Smartphone these days.

PHP Application Development

I think 4 inch is the best screen size for a smartphone.